Jun 30, 2015

Abandoned Places

Old houses have been a magnet for me as long as I can remember. I always felt sorry seeing an old building being tared down or in such a bad condition that it falls apart by it self. Things wont last forever but I sure enjoy the often quite nostalgic scene of wallpaper peeling from the walls, broken furniture all over the floor and doors fallen of the hinges. I have been visiting some places over the years and kept taking pictures and witnessing their decay with wistful feeling inside.
Cant really explain why. Maybe I want to hold on to good things from the past or make them last. Everything has a story behind them. Especially buildings have a magical aura of forgotten tales of people who used to live inside them and called them home. Can't help it but appreciate them while they are standing there quiet, reminding me of time passing. 


No comments: